Aims and Objectives
The core aim of Outdoor Connections is to provide nature-based experiences for children, practical workshops for parents and outdoor training for educators. The objectives of Outdoor Connections Australia are:
- To support the development of healthy and active lifestyles by offering children opportunities for physical activity, freedom and movement, and promoting a sense of well-being.
- To give children contact with the natural world and offer them experiences that are unique to outdoors, such as direct contact with varied environments, the weather and the seasons.
- To immerse children in nature and assist them to learn about, understand and respect nature, the environment and the interdependence of humans, animals, plants, and lifecycles.
- To support children’s problem-solving skills and nurture
their creativity, as well as providing rich opportunities for their developing imagination, inventiveness and resourcefulness.
- To support parents in the development of their own outdoor skills, demonstrate activities to complete with their children outdoors and explain the significance of leave no trace, risk awareness and safety when in local parks.
- To empower teachers to deliver lessons in outdoor environments through fully accredited professional development.